I just prepared a very long answer.  Doing so I had to check something in
my code.  This in turn lead me to discover a bug, which might slightly
change things.  I am too tired right now to fix the bug (it might not be
easy), so please give me a night.

This might reduce the problem to nothing, but I don't know yet.

I'm sorry!

Martin