I am currently working for RDF and CDF mainly. I was planning to overload
LU function of *sage/matrix/matrix2.pyx*  by defining new LU in
*sage/matrix/matrix_double_sparce.pyx* .

I couldn't understand what is  multiprecision version but I guess you are
asking for RR or other inexact field.
Please correct me if I am wrong.