The vote has passed.  There are currently 36 open disputed PRs
<https://github.com/sagemath/sage/labels/disputed>.

Given the extensive comments on some of these PRs, I would agree that we
should follow some version of Karl-Dieter's suggestion.  In particular,
while the author of the PR remains automatically in favor, I'll ask that
people who gave positive reviews affirm their continued support for the PR
by commenting (or forwarding their vote to someone who can comment).  With
such a large set of disputed tickets, while we give people a chance to make
their opinions known please wait until the end of the day Friday (say,
US/Pacific time) before changing status to positive review or needs review
as described in the policy.  Volker will hopefully not merge any of these
disputed tickets for a little while while we work through the new policy.

If there are snags in the process, we can work through them here on
sage-devel.

Also note that I do not anticipate this new process to be a magic bullet
that resolves all of our disagreements that underlie these disputes.  We
will be announcing the results of the vote for new members of the Sage Code
of Conduct committee soon, and I hope that the new committee can discuss
ways to continue to resolve the disagreements.  In the meantime, please be
respectful of each other, both here and on github.

I am not going to have time to encode this policy into our Developer's
Guide for a couple weeks; anyone else is welcome to do so and I'd be happy
to offer a review.
David