Somebody just pointed out to me that sage-release was set to moderate new
members, so I changed it back so that everyone can post. This might be a
new feature that is being rolled out with a default that prevents new
members from posting directly.

sage-devel is also set that "Group members can post but posts from new
members will be held for moderation". Not sure if there is a big spam
problem, but maybe we should also remove the new-member moderation. But I'm
not a group admin there, so I can't do it