On Sunday, May 19, 2024 at 12:53:25 PM UTC-7 Jing Guo wrote:

In the past few months I have been working on a Sage library for counting
graph homomorphisms: https://github.com/guojing0/count-graph-homs (It's
still updating, hence not 100% complete)

In `concurrent_hom_count.py`, I use third-party libraries, such as `numba`,
`dask`, and `numpy`. For numpy, I think it's already in Sage. So I was
wondering what would be the standard/best/recommended practices if I want
to contribute this code to Sage, which I suppose does not support either
`numba` or `dask` (searching in the codebase returns nothing)?

It depends on the intended degree of integration into Sage.
The loosest integration: Prepare it as a pip-installable package (which
declares its dependencies using the standard Python packaging practices);
then add it as an optional "pip" package to the Sage disitribution.
See Meta-ticket: Add external user packages as optional/experimental
packages (https://github.com/sagemath/sage/issues/31164) for examples and
pointers to documentation.