Hi all

I hope you didn't mind me highlighting your design David :)  I liked
it even though I didn't understand it.
I know it's frivolous but if any of you do have any submissions then
it would be great.

Funnily enough, this Christmas whimsy of mine highlighted one issue of
closed source mathematical applications that would be (at least
partially) solved with an open-source package.  I found a nice
animation that someone had written in Maple 5

http://www.walkingrandomly.com/?p=423

However, it doesn't run in modern versions of Maple and it is probably
rather difficult to get hold of a copy of Maple 5.  This is not very
serious with it being a Christmas animation but if it formed the basis
of some research then it would be a problem for future generations.  I
note that SAGE includes full source code for every version ever
released so if someone writes code that only works on a particular
version of SAGE then I have a fighting chance of getting it to run.

Best Wishes,
Mike