Yes,
the tooltips are being showed only where the data points are provided,
and no interpolation is provided for intermediate points.

I don't know if I would really require that feature, because this is
supposed just to show the data we provide, not necessarily any more.

Moreover, basically MATLAB basically does the same with a given
accuracy (automatically evaluated, when you do the bode plots, or
manually given, when you do data plot).

At the very end, you can easily increase the number of points using
the "steps_decade" parameter to the function (20 is the default number
of points per decade)

Maurizio