These are all caused by the same issue. Yasm is producing 64 bit
binaries and MPIR is trying to build a 32 bit binary, or vice versa.

How precisely is MPIR being built on these machines. Specifically,
what is the exact configure command issued? I suspect someone is
trying to override the compiler flags manually, which isn't correct.

Bill.