On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 9:25 PM, rjf <fate...@gmail.com> wrote:

> William seems to prefer to tout the Sage-Cython link.

That's because we use Cython, and it's easy to use in Sage, and
provides a fully-functional language-native interface between Cython
and Sage.  Not a single part of that is true about the Maxima
compiler.

It'd be dishonest to go on at length about how awesome and fast and
useful this Maxima feature is, if we didn't use it and didn't have its
functionality well-exposed in Sage.  We're not all Maxima experts
(whoda thinkit?), so why don't you show us how to do it, or better
yet, improve the Sage-Maxima interface so that we can use it?