Hello,

Is there  only one ppa server for Ubuntu ?

If YES, may be it would be reasonable to make mirrors: in my lab, I install sage on all the machines using the ppa: it means 5 interactive servers (we use ltsp for every day computer access) + a cluster of 12 machines +.... Maybe the "tube" is large between Lyon (France) and Cape-Town but I think it is by no means serious...

I could look at making a mirror...

t.