From my point of view, the sage-devel list is turning a bit funny. Ok, this is the end of the year but I do not think that people have started to drink (at least, they certainly do not drink in front of their computer).

These problems related to energy, ecology, and so on are certainly very interesting (my lab is a member of the association EcoInfo in France, so...). But be careful: people can rapidly decide that a discussion list is polluted, boring, and so on... an finally, leave.

This discussion, after the very long and passionate one about the "code" is a bit strange and certainly "hors sujet" as we say in French(apologize: I cannot remember how to say it in English).

My experience with a list in France devoted to "calcul" (computations, in the sens of PDE solving and so on) is that, after a lot of unnecessary debates -even interesting-, the only possibility was to put the list under moderation.

But ok, I like to read about the watts and computing :-)

t.d.