What is the size of the matrix you use ?
Whatever you do, openmp in blas is interesting only if you compute with
large matrices.
If your computations are embedded  in an @parallel and launch n
processes, be careful  that your  OMP_NUM_THREADS be less or equal to
ncores/n.

My experience is (I am doing numerical computations)  that there are
very few cases where using openmp in blas libraries is interesting.
Parallelism should generally be searched at a higher level.

One of the interest of multithreaded blas is for constructors: with
Intel's mkl blas, you can obtain the maximum possible performances of
tah machines  when you use DGEMM (ie product of matrices), due to the
high arithmetic intensity of matrix vector products. On my 2x8 core
sandy bridge à 2.7GHZ, I have obtained more that 300 giga flops, but
with matrices of size > 1000 ! And this is only true for DGEMM....

t.d.