Without switching to clang, this will require the dependencies especially
the C++ dependencies to be rebuilt with gcc. So, you'll need to make sure
the C++ library built with gcc is not selected by sage packages and only
the sage built library by using that library. For eg. assume you use gmp
from homebrew (assuming libgmpxx is not used by any sage package) and you
also have fplll installed. You'll be compiling fpylll with gmp from
homebrew and fplll from SAGE_LOCAL and also have to ignore fplll from
homebrew.

If you decide to go with clang, then it needs a unmerged ticket from sage.
(You'll have to build cython as well because there is a patch used by sage
not in a release).

For homebrew, there are some packages with missing dependencies, for eg.
ntl is not compiled with gf2x, flint is not compiled with ntl. The build
system will have to check these.

Isuru Fernando