Hi John,

On 2017-09-16, John Cremona <john.crem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I read in files containing a lot of data I don't format the files
> to be python code but just data, then write a python function to parse
> the input.

I tried that, and it is of course no problem to iterate over the matrix
entries defined in the data file. However, the iterator over substrings
seems a lot slower than to read all data into libgap and iterate over
the resulting libgap lists. I thought that Python would be at least as
clever (i.e., fast) in reading matrix data than GAP.

Best regards,
Simon