I think it is much more important to fix bugs and to add new functionality
to Sage.

Regarding consistency:
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" -- Ralph Waldo
Emerson
"Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely
consistent people are the dead." – Huxley.
'Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative': O. Wilde

Regarding your first sentence: do you really think that clarity is somehow
sacrificed by using "maths" instead of "math"? I am very dubious.

Finally, there is virtue in recognizing that Sage is supported by a
world-wide network of contributors, and people speak different languages
around the world (BTW: we welcome translations of Sage documentation to
more languages!). Even among those of us that speak English, there are
variations in how we speak it. Recognizing and supporting this is valuable,
just as is encouraging all other types of diversity in Sage, in
mathematics, in life.