On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 5:23 PM, Jean-Pierre Flori <jpfl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It might be an issue with the "printing" order which is used to sort stuff
> in pynac internally (but not in orignal ginac) and we already had issues
> with in the past.

Yes, there is a comment in there (the first part added by rws):

 716             // The following comment is no longer true for pynac.
 717             // We use the print order to determine the main variable
 718             // This order is not random.
 719             // XXX: The main variable is chosen in a random way,
so this code
 720             // does NOT transform the term into the canonical
form (thus, in some
 721             // very unlucky event it can even loop forever).
Hopefully the main
 722             // variable will be the same for all terms in *this

However, the part about "in some very unlucky event it can even loop
forever" appears to be true :(
That hardly seems ideal.  There should be a fix to prevent that from happening.