On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 6:02 PM Samuel Lelievre
<samuel.lelie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Possibly somewhat related (sorry if not): after building Sage
> for Python 3, running `sage -t` lets the doctesting framework
> decide what to set `optional` to, and apparently it uses
> "python2" rather than "python3"; is this the desired behaviour?

Yes, "python2" is installed as optional package and this is simply
running tests for that optional package. There aren't any such tests,
but the test framework doesn't a priori know that.

"python3" is not optional, therefore it's not listed in the --optional options.

I agree that it's confusing, but it's not a bug.