Case in point:

During a few years, someone called Sho Katemori created and maintained a
couple of (very) useful Sage-related packages fpr emacs users:

   - sage-shell-mode: an emacs interface to Sage, allowing the integration
   of typeset maths and 2D graphics in an emacs buffer managing a Sage
   interactive session ;
   - ob-sagemath <https://github.com/stakemori/ob-sagemath>, an org-mode
   interface to Sage, alowing integration of "live" Sage code snippets in a
   document ;
   - anything-sage <https://github.com/stakemori/anything-sage>,
   auto-complete-sage <https://github.com/stakemori/auto-complete-sage> and
helm
   sage <https://github.com/stakemori/helm-sage>, Sage extensions of
   various emacs utilities.

Note: sage-shell-mode was a very welcome and timely  replacement for the
old sage-mode package, deemed unmaintainable by its maintainer (Ivan
Andrus). It seems to have become popular (for Sage-reasonable values of
"popular", of course...).

However, Sho Katemori seems to have dropped off the Net: his (her ?) last
contribution to his/hers Github repositories dates back to march 2018 ; an
attempt to mail him/her is still unanswered. As a consequence, those
package have some unanswered issues.

It seems that sage-shell mode has been somehow "adopted" by Sage : its
current repository <https://github.com/sagemath/sage-shell-mode> is now
part of the Sage hierarchy on Github, which allowed Frédéric Chapoton, then
myself, to integrate some change needed for Python 3 compatibility.

I'd like to propose similar change to ob-sagemath ; it is also possible
that some other users may propose changes to the other packages (which are
not (yet) my cup of tea...).

Hence the questions:

   - Can we "adopt" these packages as we did for sage-shell-mode ?
   - If so, how ?

And, more generally:

   - Do we have a policy about  external but sage-related software
   suffering "abandon" by their original authors/maintainers ?

Advice requested...