On Friday, May 8, 2020 at 2:17:25 PM UTC-7, Michael Orlitzky wrote:

> There are some duplicates in there (I've wasted enough time on it), but
> it matches things that a regex never will. That function is implemented
> by the following code, which belongs in a third-party library and not
> sage itself because it has nothing to do with mathematics:
>
> There are already lots of things in the Sage library that have to do with
the Sage library rather than mathematics, like "import_statements" (in
sage.misc.dev_tools) or sage.misc.superseded or sage.features.* or
sage.doctest.*. Maybe they should all be separated into their own
libraries, I don't know. In any case, let's not automatically discard new
ideas because they have nothing to do with mathematics.