The particular ticket in question deals with matplotlib, which has Python
as a dependency, so I think we can safely build with "Sage's Python 3",
which should be at least 3.6. If we can accommodate older version of Python
for the rest of the Sage build — and I think we can, given the current
state of affairs — then I don't see why we shouldn't. If it becomes a true
annoyance to deal with older Pythons, then we dump support for them, but I
don't think we need to hurry to do that.