On Sunday, December 13, 2015 at 2:43:45 AM UTC-8, Volker Braun wrote:

> On Sunday, December 13, 2015 at 6:51:02 AM UTC+1, John H Palmieri wrote:
>>
>> error:
>> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/install_name_tool:
>>
>> changing install names or rpaths can't be redone for:
>> /Users/palmieri/Desktop/Sage_stuff/sage_builds/clean/sage-6.10.rc0/local/lib/libsingular.dylib
>>
>> (for architecture x86_64) because larger updated load commands do not fit
>> (the program must be relinked, and you may need to use -headerpad or
>> -headerpad_max_install_names)
>>

> Thats quite a surprise, it works on the OSX buildbot and we should only
> have to run install_name_tool once to fix up the singular build.
>
> Are you absolutely sure that this was a clean build (i.e. after make
> distclean)?

The first time, I unpacked a fresh tarball and then deleted the conway
polynomials tarball in upstream. (I was trying to reproduce the other error
reported here, just for fun.) The second time, I confirmed that the conway
tarball had been added to upstream, so I left it there, typed 'make
distclean', and tried again. I'm now unpacking the tarball again to a new
location and trying a third time.

--
John