Build failure on ubuntu, based on a successful build of the previous
beta and following "git pull trac develop":

Error building Sage.

The following package(s) may have failed to build (not necessarily
during this run of 'make all'):

* package: python
  log file: /home/jec/sage/logs/pkgs/python.log
  build directory: /home/jec/sage/local/var/tmp/sage/build/python

* documentation: dochtml
  log file: /home/jec/sage/logs/pkgs/../dochtml.log

I'm certainly used to dochtml failing but python?  The log file is
embarrassingly short:

$ cat /home/jec/sage/logs/pkgs/python.log
Attempting to download package python
>>> Checking online list of optional packages.
>>> Checking online list of experimental packages.
>>> Checking online list of huge packages.
Error: could not find a package matching python
       Try 'sage --package list' to see the available packages
       Did you mean: cython, ipython, python2, python3, pathpy?

As well as fixing this I would like to know why it happened at all.

John