On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 2:54:48 PM UTC-7, Simon King wrote:

> Hi John, hi Samuel,
>
> On 2019-03-27, John H Palmieri <jhpalm...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
> >> Regarding the failures in src/sage/tests/modular_group_cohomology.py
> >> related to the optional package p_group_cohomology (details follow),
> >> can others confirm?
>
> I've not seen it. The folder in which certain gap and singular library
> files were installed by p_group_cohomology did change in the disctant
> past, but I think it did not change in the last couple of versions.
>
> >> Is there a fix? Should I install extra libraries
> >> for Singular?
>
> No. The file that cannot be found (dickson.lib) is part of
> p_group_cohomology.
>
> >> What is the proper way to uninstall the optional package
> >> p_group_cohomology if I need an installation that passes all tests
> >> (say, to run a patchbot)?
> >
> > "make p_group_cohomology-clean"  should uninstall the package.
>
> Nice, I didn't know that this works. But since p_group_cohomology's
> installation is based on autotools (for one subpackage) and pip (for the
> main part of the package), uninstallation should in principle be
> supported out of the box. I just didn't know how to "open" that box
> using Sage...

"make PKG-clean" should just look at the appropriate package manifest in
local/var/lib/sage/installed, for instance the file
"p_group_cohomology-3.1". That file contains a list of installed files, and
"make PKG-clean" removes those files. It's not doing anything clever with
autotools. (It also doesn't work if the manifest is malformed, which until
recently was the case on OS X.)

--
John