OK, I tried to reproduce this on a Mac, and indeed the build hangs
waiting for some parallel process to finish:
On hitting ctrl-C, it always (the stage of the docbuild may differ though)
shows the following backtrace:
[dochtml] [a_tour_of] dumping search index in English (code: en)... done
[dochtml] [a_tour_of] The HTML pages are in
local/share/doc/sage/html/tr/a_tour_of_sage.
[dochtml] Build finished. The built documents can be found in
/Users/dima/software/sagetrac-mirror/local/share/doc/sage/html/tr/a_tour_of_sage

^C[dochtml] Error building the documentation.
[dochtml] Traceback (most recent call last):
[dochtml]   File
"/usr/local/Cellar/python@3.7/3.7.8_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/runpy.py",
line 193, in _run_module_as_main
[dochtml]     "__main__", mod_spec)
[dochtml]   File
"/usr/local/Cellar/python@3.7/3.7.8_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/runpy.py",
line 85, in _run_code
[dochtml]     exec(code, run_globals)
[dochtml]   File
"/Users/dima/software/sagetrac-mirror/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sage_setup/docbuild/__main__.py",
line 2, in <module>
[dochtml]     main()
[dochtml]   File
"/Users/dima/software/sagetrac-mirror/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sage_setup/docbuild/__init__.py",
line 1721, in main
[dochtml]     builder()
[dochtml]   File
"/Users/dima/software/sagetrac-mirror/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sage_setup/docbuild/__init__.py",
line 337, in _wrapper
[dochtml]     build_many(build_other_doc, L)
[dochtml]   File
"/Users/dima/software/sagetrac-mirror/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sage_setup/docbuild/__init__.py",
line 281, in build_many
[dochtml]     _build_many(target, args, processes=NUM_THREADS)
[dochtml]   File
"/Users/dima/software/sagetrac-mirror/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sage_setup/docbuild/utils.py",
line 263, in build_many
[dochtml]     waited_pid, waited_exitcode = wait_for_one()
[dochtml]   File
"/Users/dima/software/sagetrac-mirror/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sage_setup/docbuild/utils.py",
line 179, in wait_for_one
[dochtml]     pid, sts = os.wait()
[dochtml]   File "src/cysignals/signals.pyx", line 320, in
cysignals.signals.python_check_interrupt
[dochtml] KeyboardInterrupt