On another machine running Ubuntu 22.04, installing sage from source from
scratch, I get "m4: Permission denied" error during the "make configure".
Should I "sudo make configure" ? Never done that before...

See below:

$ make configure
./bootstrap -d
make[1] : on entre dans le répertoire « /home/slabbe/GitBox/sage »
rm -rf config/install-sh config/compile config/config.guess
config/config.sub config/missing configure build/make/Makefile-auto.in
rm -f src/doc/en/installation/*.txt
rm -rf src/doc/en/reference/spkg/*.rst
rm -f environment.yml
rm -f src/environment.yml
rm -f src/environment-dev.yml
rm -f environment-optional.yml
rm -f src/environment-optional.yml
rm -f src/Pipfile
rm -f src/pyproject.toml
rm -f src/requirements.txt
rm -f src/setup.cfg
make[1] : on quitte le répertoire « /home/slabbe/GitBox/sage »
bootstrap:: installing 'm4/sage_spkg_configures.m4'
./bootstrap: installing
/home/slabbe/GitBox/sage/build/pkgs/sagemath_environment/src/pyproject.toml
./bootstrap: 9: m4: Permission denied
make: *** [Makefile:365 : configure] Erreur 1