Sorry for the late answer.

Symbolic inequations solving seems currently broken in Maxima, and, hence,
in Sage (at least if my interpretation of the error messages is correct...).

Furthermore, our current system of conversion to other systems (fricas,
sympy, maple, mathematica, usw...) cautiously avoid the "relations"
(probably because of the ambiguity between asignment, equality and
equation...). (It is also incomplete/brittle/broken in other ways ; bug
report in preparation...).

A bug report to Maxima is under way. For the rest, I need to think a bit
more...

HTH,

--
Emmanuel Charpentier