On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 3:01:09 AM UTC-7, Dima Pasechnik wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 9:04:12 AM UTC+1, whit3rd wrote:
>>
>> Seconds after install of version 7.6, on MacOS 10.11.6
>> on a MacBook Pro (Core 2 duo, 4GB RAM)
>>

> it might be that the executable you downloaded needs a better CPU (Core 2
> duo is quite old...)
> What exactly have you installed, what file?
>
> It's "sage-7.6-OSX_10.11.6-x86_64.dmg" for the installer.

Core 2 is certainly  both x86 and 64-bit.   This CPU is 2.26 GHz, probably
Penryn P8400 or SP9300
Apple MacBook Pro 5.5 is the machine designation

> As well, it might be that you have some kind of conflict with some stuff
> in /sw/ you have in your PATH.
> Could you temporarily rename /sw/ and try again?

That works!  Don't see any reason there'd be conflict, though.  Sage
doesn't put anything into /sw,
 but /sw overrides anyhow?

How might I restore the /sw directory and still keep Sage running?