On Wed, 15 May 2019 at 17:03, Kwankyu <ekwan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Chandra,
>
> What is Place (x^2 + x + 1, x*y + 1)? Is it ideal generated by
>>
>> (x^2 + x + 1, x*y + 1).
>>

> No. Place (x^2 + x + 1, x*y + 1) is the unique place of the function field
>
> at which both functions x^2 + x +1, x*y + 1 vanish.
>
> Thank you for your response. We know that a place is the unique maximal
ideal of a local (valuation) ring obtained from the valuation map, which is
well known to be a principle ideal.
 So, there will be a single generator for a place. But here it is
represented by two polynomials. We didn't get what it means. Can we find
the corresponding valuation ring, valuation map
ant the generator for the place?

>> What is the value of $\frac{xy}{(x^2 + x + 1) } +
>>
>> \frac{1}{x^2 + x + 1}+$ Place $(x^2 + x + 1, x y + 1)$?
>>

> You cannot add an element of the function field with a place.

Actually by this we meant the element modulo the place ( a maximum ideal).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-support/CAOe8sPLhyMm3HFxUx42_N2goGF_FHnv%2BUuAEPvdbX%2Bs3h2ySbg%40mail.gmail.com.