The mod 2 cohomology of a simplicial complex has the structure of a module
over the mod 2 Steenrod algebra. I would like to be able to do this in Sage:

    sage: x  = (some element in a cohomology ring)
    sage: a = (some element of SteenrodAlgebra(2))
    sage: a * x

I have tried telling Sage that instances of CohomologyRing should be left
modules over the Steenrod algebra (using the category framework) and then
defining _mul_, _rmul_, _lmul_. I have had no luck: I just get

    TypeError: unsupported operand parent(s) for *: 'mod 2 Steenrod
algebra, milnor basis' and 'Cohomology ring of RP^6 over Finite Field of
size 2'

What should I be doing instead?

--
John