On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 at 21:32, Bùi Gia Nghĩa <nghiatha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> I have used Sage Cell Server to integrate the function (ln(x)^2 - 1) / (x *
> ln(x)). It should resulted in (ln(x)^2) / 2 - |ln(ln(x))| + C, as noted by my
> textbook and Wolfram|Alpha, but instead resulted in 1/2*log(x)^2 -
> 1/2*log(log(x)^2).

Your textbook assumes that you are only interested in real
antiderivatives and so describes the antiderivative with abs that is
not complex-differentiable (i.e. not valid for non-real values of x).
The result from Sage is valid for e.g. x = 1+i whereas your textbook
result would be incorrect in that case.

--
Oscar