On Mon, Apr 8, 2024 at 7:16 PM Emmanuel Charpentier <
emanuel.charpent...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Setup : Sage 10.4.beta1 running on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS under WSL2 in Windows
> 11 (don’t get me started…). I also installed emacs and its juyter
> <https://github.com/emacs-jupyter/jupyter> package, which is able to use
> Sage-installed kernels … when emacs is started from the Sage shell. [ Yes,
> there is a point to this…]
>
> What I want to do is to be able to use these Sage-installed kernels from
> outside the Sage shell environment, thus avoiding to duplicate the Sage
> Jupyter installation. In other words, I want a jupyter command that is
> able to finfd the Sage-instaled kernels in their correct environment.
>
> Is there any way to do that ?

Actually, the best way to solve this would be to get rid of Jupyter as a
part of Sage the distribution.
Then one can install these kernels in a normal Jupyter way - without it
being a kind of
afterthought 2nd class citizen way.
No project I know, apart from Sage, vendors Jupyter. Vendoring Jupyter is
just a needless bloat.

Dima