Hello,

I am using samba 2.07-36 on a RedHat 7.1 linux system. I want to share a directory on my Linux system to various Windows operating systems (Windows 95, 98, 2000 etc).

In the shares definition section I have:
[MyShareDir]
  comment=My Shared Directoy on my Linux system
  path= /home/john
  public = yes
  writable = yes
  printable = no
  create mode = 0664
  directory mask = 0775
  browseable = yes
  guest ok = yes
  guest account = ftp
  guest only = yes

At a DOS prompt on a Windows 2000 machine, I type:
net use v:  \\10.2.2.2\MyShareDir

I get a message: "The password or username is invalid for 10.2.2.2" then it prompts me for a username.

From reading about samba, I thought the guest account would login in user
ftp and not prompt for a password since I have guest ok set to "yes". Am I wrong in that idea or is something just wrong with my setup?

Thanks