Hi,

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 1:04 PM Jeroen Van den Keybus <
jeroen.vandenkey...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that we are technologically rapidly approaching a point where it
> is no longer viable to reverse engineer an OEM product. IMO it is far more
> important to have a good and stable framework so the OEMs / chipset
> providers are encouraged to have a team writing Linux drivers for their
> scanner products. They may even see the benefit of defining a device
> class...

If manufacturers would be willing to contribute open source driver code
then that would be great.
Shame that so many of them are only interested in binary-only blobs with
horrendous EULAs. :(

I think for the foreseeable future, we are going to be stuck with the
on-going reverse engineering effort to maintain free software collections.

Weird about the GL124 spec sheet. No real answer to that.

Cheers,
Ralph