Hi,

Perhaps just raw raster pixel data? Although the ordering of the bytes and channels might take some figuring.

I was able to get the raw scan data to display, but not properly. It seems to be separating the images into three sections, seemingly RGB.

The format of PNM (with a colour depth of 255) is a byte per pixel per colour component in the order red then green then blue.

So I guess you'd have to buffer each channel as it comes in from the scanner and then interleave them after each page?

This page shows you some examples http://paulbourke.net/dataformats/ppm/
The examples are in P3 rather than P6 format which just means the pixel component data is encoded as ASCII numbers rather than binary bytes.

See "PPM example 4".

The sideways slant of the image is also a bit off as I couldn't specify the width with a double.

How are you processing the image data? Can you share a code snippet?

Best wishes,
@ndy

--
andy...@ashurst.eu.org