Hi Rolf,

I completely agree!
Is it possible that you might reconsider this decision?

Thank you for all the work you've done!

Thierry

Le 2020-08-26 18:15, Alexander Pevzner a écrit :
Hi Rolf,

On 8/26/20 2:46 PM, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
Congratulations to all who contributed his/her ideas, code and at least
time for the new SANE release.

After having some time with reflecting my after-work activities, I
decided to say Goodbye to the SANE project, especially as maintainer for
the pixma backend.
hope you still read the list, or Olaf will forward my mail to you.

I want to say, that sane-pixma is one of the most important and
demanded SANE backends. Even in the era of driverless scanning, there
are a lot of devices (including newly manufactured devices) that
doesn't support WPA or eSCL, and only supported by pixma backend. And
this situation unlikely to change within next several years.

Sad to hear that one of the key developers leaves the SANE project.

I belive, many, many people will be happy, if you will eventually
decide to change you mind.