Hi,

On 1/25/21 5:24 PM, Matt Zagrabelny via sane-devel wrote:
I'm looking to get into scanning in the GNU/Linux world - I do not yet own a scanner. I know the SANE compatibility matrix exists [0], but I am hoping for some anecdotal recommendations.

If you a looking for office-quality scanner that will work without any trouble with Linux, the best choice would be a network scanner or MFP, that supports "driverless" scanning using eSCL (Apple Airprint/Airscan) or WSD protocols.

The incomplete and constantly growing list of tested devices can be found here:

  https://github.com/alexpevzner/sane-airscan

--

        Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (p...@apevzner.com)