On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Ren? Rebe wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 March 2006 15:32, m. allan noah wrote:
>
>> i do not feel strongly, but since you do- i will change fujitsu backend to
>> have only one 'source' opt, which will contain:
>>
>> "Flatbed|ADF Duplex|ADF Front|ADF Back"
>
> Great!
>
> Too bad there is no mentioning of the option in the SANE standard :-(
> I use "Normal" right now.
>
> Grepping backend directory revields matches for both.

is 'Default' better than 'Normal'?

> The avision backend also handles film scanners where "Flatbed"
> would be slightly misleading ...

can you change between 'Flatbed' and 'Film' for those scanners? can you
even identify them?

> Right now I have:
>
> "Normal|Transparency|ADF|ADF Rear|ADF Duplex"
>
> Where after the standarization I so far have:
>
> "Normal|Transparency|ADF|ADF Back|ADF Duplex"

i like 'ADF Front' instead of just 'ADF', i think it is more consistent.
but i do like your ordering better, so i think i shall do this:

"Flatbed|ADF Front|ADF Back|ADF Duplex"

and if a fujitsu ever gets film, i would change 'Flatbed'.

>> can you change avision to the same?
>
> My best client will scream, but yes ,-)

haha- you getting paid for this?

allan