Hello,

I have Mandriva 2007 with an HP Photosmart C3180 All-in-One device. The
printer part works well (with the HP drivers) I would like to use the
scanner function with Xsane (I tried it on Ubuntu and it worked), but it
only works as root. With normal user the device is not detected.

Even scanimage fails as a normal user:

renan@wizard:~$ scanimage -L

But with root it work:

renan@wizard:~$ su
Senha:
[root@wizard renan]# scanimage -L
device `hpaio:/usb/Photosmart_C3100_series?serial=BR6BIGN0NR04KV' is a hp
Photosmart_C3100_series multi-function peripheral

I think it might be a permission problem. If so, what files should I change
permission/ownership of?

Thanks!
Renan Birck