On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:50 AM, VanVan <vanvan at vanvan.cc> wrote:

> Hi,
> I saw you didn't commit that to the git.

Hello,

I am afraid I cannot tell who you are speaking to, or what message you
are relating to. Can you please clarify?

> I try to do the same things like you, but i have a little problem.
> You said that the ID was wrong, I use ?#define MG8100_PID 0x174b, because my
> lsusb told me that my id was 174b.

That looks correct.

> When I run sane-find-scanner with USB, I found :
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x174b [MG8100 series]) at
> libusb:002:004

That looks correct. That means libusb is working (IIRC).

> (But I found nothing on Ethernet)

I don't know how the ethernet functionality works, sorry.

> And after that, When I run scanimage -L or -F, I found nothing.

Maybe you did not compile the driver correctly? Or maybe support is
not complete? You should look at sane-pixma and enable the debug level
(maybe 3?) and then run the correct (/usr/local ?) scanimage again,
with -v, to see what the pixma backend does with the USB IDs it finds.

> Did I missed something ?
> (Sorry for my english, I'm french)

No problem! Your English is fine.
Best regards,