I have a first version of a backend here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cupsdriverkodak/files/Scanning%20-%20sane%20backend/

I'm using an untidy distribution method currently.
I've added the new backend, kodakaio, to sane-backends and then deleted most
of the other backends to make a smaller package.

My attempts at using a patch instead, were not very sucessful. Too much time
was being spent between me and potential users trying to get the patch
applied properly.

kodakaio is working well using the WiFi network interface of the AIOs, but
not so well using the USB interface. It seems unreliable when the data is
large.

Paul Newall