Hello Stan,

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 09:16:25 +1100, Stan Kaliski <tan...@att.net> wrote:

Thanks Terry

I hope I'm doing this correctly. First time using a mail-list server. I'm replying to the list instead of your address directly.

Your the only respondent to my posting.

Sorry for the delay in answering, this is the first chance I've had to work with my new system since last weekend.

I may have to look for for a place to read up on building a back end. This is getting into stuff I haven't learned yet. If you know of a link to step by step guide that a newbie can learn from that would be great. I've been having trouble finding anyone experienced with using this scanner with Linux.

I don't have any experience with Linux Mint, I think that is based on Ubuntu, I use Fedora. You may not have to build it yourself. It's possible that others involved in the development, or for their own reasons have built the .deb of the current backends. Perhaps you could post to this forum on that subject, or direct to developers if they are more accessible on another forum...but I don't know what that is.

I hope you have some success

Cheers,
--
Regards,