Hi Martin,

Zitat von martin f krafft <madd...@debian.org>
Hey there,

I have a problem with a Brother MFC-9465CDN that I access through
a "scanner server" running saned. The problem is that most scans
fail with an "out of memory" message.

However, I can scan fine when using scanimage on the server
directly, the problem is when going through saned.

are you using the latest version of Brother drivers? We've had similar trouble with one of our Brother scanners (see http://technik.blogs.nde.ag/2013/12/06/brother-dcp-j925dw-problems-when-scanning-via-sane/) and were able to provide Brother support with enough details so they could fix it (in version 4.2.2 of the brsane4 driver, in our case).

Regards,
Jens