More digging reveals sane might produce such cases when version of it isn't "right" (one guy reverting, specifically, to 1.0.23), also when multilib (32-bit environment) is present on 64-bit slackware installations.

I'm using daily 20150805 now, and I'm willing to mess about with newer snapshots, also to try to clear that previously discussed issue of dropped stripes (which seem to be positioned on a certain distance from sensor's edge, like 20% width -- 300->400 dpi interpolation to blame??).

However, as I have to do rather lots of scanning ATM, I worry about that supposed recent regression in plustek backend, mentioned here week ago or so. Guys in the know, please tell, is it really there?

Thanks

-Yury