Le 25/11/2017 à 21:25, Hans Deragon a écrit :
If you use an HP multifunction printer you can configure it from
system-config-printer and you scanner feature will automatically work.

Nope, that is not the case.  system-config-printer is only for the printer side of a MFC device.  I can print to my MFC, but I cannot scan it.  As a scanner, it does not exists and I have no means to add it manually to Linux.

I don't understand precisely. Are you talking about HP printers or Brother MFC one? Brother provides a dedicated command-line tool to configure both printer and scanner.

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD