> >> CQL is a nice play of words on the well known  SQL (Structured Query
> >> Language) and i like keeping it. But maybe renaming it will help
> >> differentiate Gregor's implementation from the original ?
> >
> > The point is that Scidb's design will be quite different from current CQL
> > 5.0, so I think that a different name like ChessQuery is required. It's a
> > bit  unluckily that the term CQL is already taken. And the term eCQL -
> > used in my current documentation of ChessQuery - is not very satisfactory
> > for me.
>
> I like "SCQL'.... Scidb CQL.

Thanks for your suggestion, I agree that SCQL sounds good, but I'm not sure
that I want a name which contains the project name Scidb, because the design
of eCQL (ChessQuery) is independent from Scidb's internals. Anyone else who
has suggestions/proposals for the naming of the query language?

BTW: Also CQL v5.1 is a subset of eCQL (ChessQuery).

Gregor