On Mon, 30 Oct 2023 17:26:53 GMT, Yakov Shafranovich <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> The various Zip/Jar-file related Java APIs have some long-standing
> differences or peculiarities with respect to the ZIP-file specification or
> compared to other implementations which should be documented in the API-doc.
> This documents the following:
> - Cache of JAR files in JarURLConnection class
> - Cache of JAR/ZIP files in JarFile and ZipFile classes
> - Unexpected behavior when parsing ZIP files with duplicate entries in
> JarFile and ZipFile classes, as well as the zipfs provider
> - Directories and filenames with the same name considered to be the same in
> ZipFile class
> - Possible issues when local and central headers conflict in ZipInputStream
> class
>
> Related JBS report:
> https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8319122

@yakovsh I think this one will take a lot of effort from Reviewers. From a
quick look, I think almost all of it is going to require significant
editing/re-work. There are a few things that may require input from the
security areas. There are issues with terminology and formatting too but they
are easier to fix.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16424#issuecomment-1793369837