On Mon, 6 Nov 2023 22:52:50 GMT, Erik Gahlin <egah...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Could I have a review of a PR that removes the bytecode instrumentation for
>> the exception events.
>>
>> Testing: jdk/jdk/jfr + tier1 + tier2
>
> Erik Gahlin has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Remove SecurityException and IllegalArgumentException from throws clause

src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/Throwable.java line 125:

> 123:      * Flag that determines if exceptions should be traced by JFR
> 124:      */
> 125:     static volatile boolean tracing;

The use-sites in Error check Throwable.tracing so not  immediately obvious that
it's JFR tracing. Maybe it should be renamed to jfrTracing or an accessor of
that name added so it's a bit clearer at the use-sites.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16493#discussion_r1384612334