On Fri, Apr 12, 2024 at 01:21:58PM -0700, Ron / BCLUG wrote:
> Mike Wayne wrote on 2024-04-12 12:57:
>
> > What I can not figure out is how to select fields to print.
>
> To customize the output fields for the lastlogin command using libxo
> with XML formatting in FreeBSD, you'll need to use the -f option to
> specify the fields you want to include. Here's how you can do it:
>
> lastlogin -f field1,field2,... --libxo xml,pretty

Not too helpful.

   -f specifies the lastlogin FILE to use, not fields
   As mentioned, I'm trying to use --libxo text, not xml

Looking to get lastlogin to print a single line:
   wayne last login: Fri Apr 12 15:06:16 2024 from 192.168.63.146

I'm guessing I need the printf equivalent for libxo but it appears
not to be documented anywhere.

So something like:
   lastlogin --libxo '("%s last login in at %s from %s ", user, login-time,
from)' wayne