Hi Roland,

On 5/02/2015 1:04 AM, Roland Westrelin wrote:

buildreplayjars sometimes fail with an exception and I think that's
caused by the lack of support for default methods when the SA dumps
classes. This change fixes it at least partially. It may not be the
cleanest way to support default methods but it already proved useful
when investigating a compiler crash so unless someone has a better fix
I would like to push it.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~roland/8071999/webrev.00/

I wouldn't say it "supports default methods" rather it ignores them so they don't trigger exceptions. I'm still puzzling over why default methods have a zero _codeIndex as that seems to be the real cause of the trouble. ??

As a quick workaround it may be okay but it appears that SA is seriously lagging in its language support. :(

Cheers,
David

Roland.