On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 20:06:19 GMT, Doug Simon <dnsi...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The VMSupport class is required for translating an exception between the
>> HotSpot and libgraal heaps.
>> being translated.
>> To avoid this, VMSupport is loaded eagerly along with the other vmClasses.
>
> Doug Simon has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge
> or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in
> by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains six additional commits since
> the last revision:
>
>  - [skip ci] Merge remote-tracking branch 'openjdk-jdk/master' into
> JDK-8310829
>  - [skip ci] handle pending HotSpot exception closer to site causing exception
>  - revert to lazy loading of VMSupport
>  - each exception translation failure should trigger a JVMCI event
>  - try harder to show nested exception during exception translation
>  - resolve VMSupport at bootstrap to avoid nested exception in
> ExceptionTranslation::doit

I am fins with idea of changes. But, please, activate GHA testing for this
branch.
And there is build error on Windows:

c:\workspace\open\src\hotspot\share\jvmci\jvmciEnv.cpp(449): error C2220: the
following warning is treated as an error
c:\workspace\open\src\hotspot\share\jvmci\jvmciEnv.cpp(449): warning C4267:
'initializing': conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14641#issuecomment-1613932794